Dairy-Free Keto Ice Cream Recipe
Dairy-free Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
This dairy-free keto vanilla ice cream is so rich and smooth you will swear it is made with heavy cream.
Servings: 2 quarts
- ice cream maker
- silicone mini cube pan
- 1 ⅓ cups Stevia sugar or erythritol sugar
- 1 tbsp Guar Gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 medium avocado - pureed
- fresh berries for garnish
- course granulated salt to sprinkle on top
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, Guar Gum, and salt. In a medium saucepan combine coconut milk, vanilla, coconut cream, egg yolks, and avocado whisking until mixed. Gradually add dry ingredients to the saucepan while whisking. Simmer over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a low boil. Cool to room temperature stirring every few minutes to keep the 'skin' from forming on top of the mixture. Pour into ice cream canister. Let canister churn for 25 -30 minutes until mixture freezes. Transfer to silicone mini-square trays or plastic container and freeze overnight.
This is an easy vanilla dairy-free ice cream recipe that is just as simple to modify with different flavors. To create a chocolate mocha flavor substitute vanilla flavor with chocolate flavoring and add 2 tablespoons of instant coffee. Dust lightly with bakers chocolate during plating. The addition of fresh berries makes a delicious snack. By using a silicone mini-muffin pan you can create bite size tasty snacks while monitoring portion control. Keep the canister in the freezer so you are always ready to make ice cream.